Although Mel Torme spent most of his career as a singer, he was also a drummer, pianist, arranger, author and prolific song writer. Since the age of 4, when he made his first stage appearance, and for the next 60 years, he entertained worldwide audiences with a unique, finely tuned voice that earned him the nickname of “The Velvet Fog”.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of traditional jazz and the artists who create it. Here you'll find videos, interviews, photos and a variety of material that is sure to grab your attention. This site is dedicated to the appreciation and preservation of "America's Classical Music."
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 2
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 1
- Days Of Auld Lang Syne
- The Christmas Show
- Discovering Muhal Richard Abrams
- Sharing With Sherry Winston
- Say Hello To Sergio Mendes
- A Chat With Charlie Elgart
- A Visit With Marlene VerPlanck
- After Hours With Joe Pass