Charlie Elgart is an accomplished composer, producer and arranger … not to mention his talent as a keyboardist and skills at the mixing console. He does it all and constantly strives to do more. While his primary influences range from Oscar Peterson to Michel Legrand, he tends to lean more toward contemporary sounds when expressing his own music. The result is a melodic form of what is generally referred to as ‘lite jazz’.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of traditional jazz and the artists who create it. Here you'll find videos, interviews, photos and a variety of material that is sure to grab your attention. This site is dedicated to the appreciation and preservation of "America's Classical Music."
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 2
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 1
- Days Of Auld Lang Syne
- The Christmas Show
- Discovering Muhal Richard Abrams
- Sharing With Sherry Winston
- Say Hello To Sergio Mendes
- A Chat With Charlie Elgart
- A Visit With Marlene VerPlanck
- After Hours With Joe Pass