For a year or so during my tenure as the Announcer/Production Director for WOR in New York, I hosted a Saturday night jazz program on another station in the market just to keep my hand in the DJ end of things. At the time, “After Hours” was pretty much the only real jazz show available on the dial. As a result it was an attractive venue for many of my favorite performers … including the great Tony Bennett whose people actually called US and asked if we would like to talk with him. I’m not sure exactly what I said after “WOULD I”, but we did!
Enjoy the sights and sounds of traditional jazz and the artists who create it. Here you'll find videos, interviews, photos and a variety of material that is sure to grab your attention. This site is dedicated to the appreciation and preservation of "America's Classical Music."
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 3
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 2
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 1
- Days Of Auld Lang Syne
- The Christmas Show
- Discovering Muhal Richard Abrams
- Sharing With Sherry Winston
- Say Hello To Sergio Mendes
- A Chat With Charlie Elgart
- A Visit With Marlene VerPlanck