Back in my radio days, Mercer Ellington and I sat down in his Manhattan apartment with a big pot of coffee and a New York size platter of Danish pasties. For two hours I received an intimate look at the father through the eyes of his son … many of The Duke’s opinions, foibles and philosophies. This is Part 3 of a 3 part visit with Mercer Ellington, one of the most fun and fascinating gentlemen of jazz I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of traditional jazz and the artists who create it. Here you'll find videos, interviews, photos and a variety of material that is sure to grab your attention. This site is dedicated to the appreciation and preservation of "America's Classical Music."
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 3
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 2
- Ellington: Music Was Their Mistress – Pt. 1
- Days Of Auld Lang Syne
- The Christmas Show
- Discovering Muhal Richard Abrams
- Sharing With Sherry Winston
- Say Hello To Sergio Mendes
- A Chat With Charlie Elgart
- A Visit With Marlene VerPlanck